IT’S MY 21st BIRTHDAY! As you can imagine, I have a lot of fun things planned, and will do a recap of the weekend here on the blog, soon. For now, here is a list of 21 things about me you might not know.
- I have 5 siblings. My older sisters; Tara, Tanya, Dana and Andrèa; and younger brother, Ian, are among my best friends.
- I’ve attended three colleges and have had 6 majors. I started at UW – Baraboo two weeks after graduating from high school with a pre-medicine/biology major. Now, after four semesters at Boo U, a brief one semester in Lacrosse and short periods of time as economics, marketing, communications and pre-law majors, I feel secure with the path I have finally chosen studying Elementary Education and Middle School Math at WSU!
- My middle name is Arlene. It was my maternal grandma’s name. When I was younger, I hated it. I thought it made me sound old. However, now I like it. It is old fashioned, but I don’t mind. It makes me feel connected to my grandma even though I never got the chance to meet her.
- My taste in music is all over the place. If you press shuffle on my phone, you might get to listen to r&b, country, alt. rock, rap, throwback radio pop tunes, gospel and classic rock all in 15 mins.
- My favorite flowers are pink peonies. This may have come from my mom or from Blair Waldorf. I can’t be sure.
- I am the world’s pickiest eater. Many people have said that I eat like a 5 year old.
- I wholeheartedly believe in Jesus. I also wholeheartedly believe in allowing other people to have their own opinions, that love is love, and that religion and politics should be separate.
- My favorite movie ever is Clueless. I could quote it all day, and several people have compared me to Cher. I like to believe that is because of my fashion sense and go-getter, hopeless romantic personality, rather than my subpar driving skills and frequent blonde moments.
- I put all of my energy getting ready into doing my makeup and picking out my outfit, and then I leave the house with wet hair. Actually, if I’m being completely honest, most of my energy goes into pulling myself out of bed at 6 AM on the average day.
- I know every word to every episode of Friends. I’ve been watching it since I was probably way too young to watch it (the perks of having so many older siblings). I don’t recommend you ever watch it with me, though. It gets annoying.
- My dream job is to be a mom. It always has been. I’ve had more baby dolls than real-life friends.
- The key to my heart is 3-wick candles from Bath & Bodyworks. I get alerts every time they’re on sale (which is most of the time).
- I crave to travel and see the world every single day. Life is for living, and there is so much out there to see. (Check out the travel category to see posts about where I have been and where I still dream of going!)
- As a future teacher, my number one goal is to make sure kids find something that they can be confident in. I think that it is so, sooo important that students who are not naturally good in traditional academic subjects like math or reading still realize that they are smart in other areas and that they have so much potential.
- I have 3 tattoos and counting. Its true when people say that they are addicting. I’ll probably run out of viable skin soon. Sorry mom.
- My birthday is my #1 favorite day (lets be real–month) of the year. So, as you could probably guess, I am HYPED today.
- I deeply cherish the time I spend driving alone and listening to music. Right now, my daily commute is about 45 minutes, and I really think I’m going to miss it when I move closer to school in September.
- Soup is my favorite food. If I’m ever unsure of what to order at a restaurant, 9 times out of 10, I’ll order soup. Soup is safe.
- I doodle obsessively. I can’t focus on anything unless my hands are busy. I’ve also recently taught myself to knit for the same reason.
- I sometimes eat ketchup on my mac&cheese. I know. I’m sorry.
- I’m not a big breakfast person. Don’t get me wrong. I love me a waffle or a donut, and I’m always down for some bacon (but who said bacon is limited to breakfast?!). However, I really hate eggs, and in general I would way rather eat stereotypically lunch or dinner foods for breakfast. Cold leftover pizza, anyone?
Thank you guys for checking in! I always appreciate it! Let me know if you find yourself relating to anything I’ve listed above.
See you soon!
– ♥ Alana